Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Conventions, Change, Uniformity, Potential

When I look at software I see potential for change, for improvement, (even if just mine, inside of me, my own understanding).
Stifling creativity.  Uniformity makes it easier to see (transparent) but also opaque to potential to change.
Conventions create the illusion of solidity but the solidity is apparent, but not real, to it's potential for reinterpretation and redesign.
Uniformity and conventionality.
I'm not stubborn, perhaps ignorant.  But the idea that (they) cannot go in and fix my code when (they) have a better idea to demonstrate what (they) feel is needed, or right, is a little odd to me, and hard to accept, and - what's the word, humiliating? hyper pedagogical? self important?
Perhaps (they) are just trying to be pedagogical and I over-react.
I can get emotional sometimes, that's another of my faults, (but even that's open to interpretation).

No comments:

Post a Comment